Established for over 30 years, I have worked with Olympic and Commonwealth Athletes, Professional Football Clubs Read More...
Physiotherapy is a science-based profession which aims to maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
Mike Jones graduated from the University of Ulster in 1988 going on to complete postgraduate research in Isokinetics. He began his career working in the NHS before setting up his first sports injury clinic in 1997. Throughout his career Mike has lectured in the University of Ulster and the Belfast Institute of Further and Higher Education in Biomechanics, Anatomy, Sports Injury and Sports Massage. He is considered one of Northern Irelands top sports physiotherapists. A career that includes having been Physiotherapist to Northern Ireland in two Commonwealth Games, physiotherapist to Northern Ireland Athletics Federation (NIAF), the Belfast Giants Ice Hockey Team, Glentoran F.C. (Irish Premier League) and the Irish Cycling Team.
His newly established Belfast based physiotherapy clinic believes strongly in a team approach to patient management. The team not only includes Mike but a range of physiotherapists specialising in different areas from musculoskeletal to neurological. Most patients needs will also benefit from a range of multi-disciplinary specialists within the clinic including Podiatrists, the Soft-Tissue therapists, personal Trainers and Pilates/Yoga instructors. There is also a very close working relationship with many of Northern Ireland’s top Medical Consultants and Imaging services. Appointments and scans can be arranged at short notice with very little waiting times.
The Belfast based clinic treats a wide range of conditions including:
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports injury
- Arthritic pain
- Paediatric physiotherapy (treatment of children)
- Women’s Health
- Common joint problems e.g. Knee/ankle pain, golfers/tennis elbow, frozen shoulder
- Post-operative rehabilitation. Tailor-made exercise programmes to assist full and rapid recovery from surgeries such as hip and knee replacements, back and neck surgery , shoulder surgery to name but a few.
- Neurological and Vestibular Rehabilitation
The clinic is fully equipped with some of the latest technology and innovations in the fields of physiotherapy and exercise prescription allowing physios to offering a wide range of treatment options suitable for the non-athletic to top sportsmen.
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Radial Shockwave Therapy
- Electrotherapy to speed up healing
- Joint mobilisations/manipulations
- Spinal Traction
- Power Plate technology
- Gait analysis using the latest technology
- Rehab programs
- Kettlebell and TRX Suspension Training
- Bodyflow fluid drainage. We are the FIRST Authorised Bodyflow Clinic in Northern Ireland